Monday 18 May 2015

Flavoured Kek Lapis(Layered Cake) From Sucre Delices

Over the weekend, I had to be in the east area of Singapore for some errands. One of the errands was to collect 4 kek lapis from a home in Pasir Ris Street 11. My wife and I are ardent supporters of home-based and home-made goodies.

With Ramadhan and Hari Raya around the corner, it is a good time to test some of these home-made goodies and make an order for the ones we liked.

About a week ago, I transferred a deposit of about $10 to them and they dropped a message to my wife, informing us that our orders were ready.

It was a fast and easy pick up. Collected 4 small boxes of kek lapis, paid the balance $15 to the resident and left. I can't help but wondered what were the flavours. So I decided to take a quick peek.



This is how each box is packed. It's a small box with nice labels on it and each box is releasing its unique aroma.



My wife told me that Kek Lapis is is not easy to make and that is why it can be quite expensive. I remembered my mother telling me the same thing. I remembered talking about the type of baking ovens that is required and logistically can be rather costly. 

My wife ordered 4 different types of Kek Lapis;Cempedak(a type of jackfruit), Nutella, Durian and Ombre Jam.

Cempedak - This has got to be the most flavourful among the four. The sweetness of kek lapis is added on by the fruity-sweet taste of cempedak fruit. 

Nutella - I am a big fan of Nutella. Unfortunately, I can't really taste the nutella here. It has some chocolate taste though but I don't think it's nutella.

Durian - I am a big fan of this fruit. I can definitely taste the durian in this. Second next to Cempedak.

Ombre Jam - I have no idea what this is. It's sweet and since ombre means mix, I think this is a mixture of different types of jam.



These cakes are indeed tasteful, moist and definitely a good treat, Since durian and cempedak are seasonal fruits, I'm not sure if it will be available all year round. 

Sucre Delices is founded by two sisters who are passionate about baking. When I went to their 'factory' to collect, I saw several people, which I assumed were family members, helping them out. Such help is very useful especially when you have a lot of orders. I wish them all the best and hope they may continue to do what they do, increasing the waistlines of their customers. lolz

Cost
We bought these four boxes at $25, including a $10 deposit.

Will We Be Back Again
Definitely. My wife is already exploring to order more. 

How Can Sucre Delices Be Contacted?
They have a website http://mysucredelices.com/ as well as a facebook page. 





No comments:

Post a Comment