Wednesday 29 April 2015

Assam Pedas Lunch - Nur Fah Muslim Corner

One of my favourite dish has always been Assam Pedas. Assam Pedas(directly translated to Sour Spicy) is a  dish which gets that special tasty blend from tamarind and chilli. It is usually cooked with fish and my favourite fish is sting ray.

In this post, I am going to talk about a stall that I always frequent; Nur Fah Muslim Corner.

 I arrived at Nur Fah Muslim Corner at about 11.15am.
Unfortunately, when I was placing the order, the Sting Ray Assam Pedas was still brewing, so I had to make do with what's available.



For SG$5, this is what I get;
1. A medium portion of Fish Assam Pedas.
2. Fried Egg
3. Stir Fried String Beams
4. Rice

Added with a spoonful of Sambal Belachan, I had a superb lunch. If you are in the neighbourhood, head on down and try some local cuisine. The environment is quite unique as it reminds me of some eating places in Malaysia.

Nur Fah Muslim Corner has been around for a while and it attracts lunch crowds that are mainly from the nearby shipyard. It's free parking and it gets really crowded during lunch hour.

Nur Fah Muslim Corner is located at the end of Sembawang Road( near Sembawang Park). If you hit Sembawang Park, it means you missed the entrance.




Nur Fah Nasi Padang Corner is located at 1036 Sembawang Road and it opens from about 10.00am to 3pm. They do serve Malay breakfast such as Lontong and Nasi Lemak. The rice dishes will be ready by 11.30am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment