Wednesday 29 April 2015

Sweet Deserts at Salty Peanut Gelato Cafe

It was hot and humid afternoon and my wife wanted to eat ice-cream. I thought "let's go and buy a tub of Magnolia's ice-cream, some wafers and chocolate fudge". What can I say, Sometimes, I can be a terribly simple person.

She suggested Salty Peanut Gelato Cafe.


I have never heard of Salty Peanut Gelato Cafe and from my own knowledge, the only Gelato-like cafe that is halal is Gelare Cafe.



So off we went to Salty Peanut Gelato Cafe.A small outlet located in the east. From what I learned, it is owned by Mr Hazrin Johari. His gelato has a very local flavour. Gula Melaka. The type of sugar that we normally find in chendol.
Source: Salty Peanut Gelato Cafe Facebook Page


The design of the outlet was somewhat retro and I loved it. The basic items they sell is very simple; gelato, waffles and coffee.

Source: Personal

On this visit, we got ourselves waffles with 2 scoops of gelato.

Waffle with 2 scoops of Gelato
Source: Personal


Crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. That's my kind of waffle. The gelato is nice, sweet and has a soft sticky texture. Its modest use of sea salt and gula melaka really brings out the unique flavour, with a sprinkle of cinnamon all over the waffle.

Will I be coming back again?
Yes, I definitely will.

Where is it located? 
430 Upper Changi Road #01-69 East Village, Singapore 487048.
This outlet is just a few doors away to Ambeng Cafe. So after you fill of Nasi Ambeng, just head down to Salty Peanut Gelato Cafe for a some Gelato to cool down.

No comments:

Post a Comment