Tuesday 21 June 2016

A Decent Yet Fulfilling Meal At The Chicken Rice Shop

In this post, I would like to share my makanperience at one of the most available restaurant in Singapore, The Chicken Rice Shop.

The first time I came across The Chicken Rice Shop was in Malaysia. My first time entering The Chicken Rice Shop in Singapore was at Vivocity more than 5 years ago. For the list of outlets, you can find it at the end of this post.

www.thechickenriceshop.com
I went to the outlet at Causeway Point. There weren't that many people there so it was quite a good place for a family with 2 young girls and a pram.



This is what we had;


Each set usually comes with a portion of chicken rice, chicken (roasted or steamed), soup and a side dish.

Roasted Chicken
 Most roasted chicken rice by other stalls or restaurants are rather dry. This variation has some sauce poured over it. The downside of this is that it has to be eaten immediately. Otherwise, the roasted chicken will get soggy.

Penang Rojak
The Penang Rojak is an interested compliment to the chicken rice.
Fried Wanton
Fried wanton is quite crispy and served with a sweet sauce.

What I love about The Chicken Rice Shop?
I do not really find their chicken rice to be the best. I think I've tasted better. But one of the reason I still patronize The Chicken Rice Shop is their ginger sauce and chilli sauce. Not many stalls or restaurants selling chicken rice has that kind of mix and I love the ginger sauce to compliment my chicken rice meal.

So as a set, I can consider them to have one of the best chicken rice meal.

Will I Be Back Again?

Definitely

Where Is It Located?
The one I've been to is at Causeway Point. I went over to their website to pull out the exact address;

1. TCRS Causeway Point, Singapore
Unit No. # B1-16, 1 Woodlands Square, Causeway Point, Singapore 738099.

2. . TCRS One KM
02-17/18, One KM, 11 Tanjong Katong Road, Singapore 437157.
(Source: http://www.thechickenriceshop.com/)

Do check their website for latest updates as they could have been relocated after this post was made.

If you are looking for a simple yet filling meal, head on to the nearest The Chicken Rice Shop and give that ginger sauce a try and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment