Thursday 7 July 2016

Delicious Homemade Japanese Food From The East

I love Japanese food. I love homemade food too. So when I come across a brand that combines the two things I love, it is like a wish come true. lolz.

It was a beautiful Saturday afternoon and my wife told me collect some japanese food that she ordered. I said, cool. Looks like we're going japan for the night.

My wife has a friend who gave a thumbs up on this homemade japanese food by the name of Inariku. Inari is a Japanese word that is used to describe 'carrying rice' and you can see this a lot on a typical japanese menu.

Ku is short form of the Malay word 'aku'. So Inariku literally means 'my inari' Nice huh?



So the order and payment was made and I drove to the eastern part of Singapore to collect. So this is what it looks like.

Lobster Salad Inari
The Lobster Innari was really awesome. in the middle of the package is a small portion of wasabe and soy sauce. 12 pieces in this set altogether.

Each Inari is filled with sushi rice, mayonaise and lobster covered in tofu skin.

Shoyu Ramen
I have eaten quite a bit of ramen from various halal japanese restaurant. And I find this one to be the best ramen of them all. I think the difference lies in the soup. I wonder if they come in the beef version instead of chicken....

I was curious so I did a bit of fact finding on this Inari-ku. I mean how can a home-based business provide better japanese ramen than most restaurants. This business is started by a Stay-At-Home mum who has the passion for cooking Japanese cuisine. She didn't learn it from any of the local restaurants. She went all the way to Tokyo Sushi Academy to learn the skills.

What better way to learn making Japanese cuisine than to learn from Japan itself? A true display of passion.

To find out more, head over to her facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/inariku.myinari/ or her website at http://www.inariku.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment