Wednesday 6 May 2020

Delicious and Cheapest Epok-Epok (Curry Puff) You Can Ever Find

What was your worse experience when it comes to buying epok-epok or curry puff?

I remembered my disappointment when it comes to buying sardine epok-epok. They have more onions and air than sardines. So that's kind of putting me off and I will avoid buying epok-epok unless it was recommended.

My wife bought from this stall about 2 months ago. She bought sardines and normal epok-epok. It was delicious, I tell you.

A month later, I went back to the same place to buy from this stall. This stall is named Yang's Epok-Epok, stall no 4, located at Bedok Corner.





Here's a breakdown of my experience..


1. There was a long queue.

2. In front of the stall, I saw one makcik (Malay auntie) diligently flattening a dough on her palm and placing diced curry potato in it. Then she skillfully formed the twirls at the end of that 'raw' epok-epok. This means it's freshly made.

3. Then I saw another lady scooping fried epok-epok from the wok and placed in onto a strainer. This is a good sign... meaning it's freshly cooked.

4. Then I saw an A4-sized poster with a clock on it, indicating when it would be ready. It also indicates that they do NOT take reservations. This means it's a hot seller and if you're unlucky, you will have to wait for the next batch.


Can you guess how much is an epok-epok? It's 50 cents ($0.50) each and customers are buying in 5s and 10s!

I bought 10 potato and 10 sardine epok-epok, brought it home(it was during the Covid-19 Circuit Breaker so no eating out).

Just look at it..
I do apologize to all readers because I really forgot to take the 'inside' photo. It all happened so quickly. I takes longer to queue than to finish this.

And it was worth it!

It's freshly made!
It's freshly fried!
It's cheap and most importantly,
It's delicious!

Will I return to buy again?
For sure. I do wish they could take orders though..

Just head down to Bedok Corner Food located at
Bedok Corner Hawker Centre Stall #4, 1 Bedok Road, Singapore 469572.

Opening Hours
12pm to 7pm daily, closed on Mondays.

UPDATE

It's August 2020 and I managed to get my hands on these epok-epok again. This time, I remembered to take more pictures. 


Sardine Epok-Epok

Potato Epok-Epok


No changes to its opening hours. The queues are just as long.


No comments:

Post a Comment